Both replacing a tyre and repairing an alloy wheel can be a very costly experience. With the average alloy wheel repair costing between £60/£70 and with diamond cut wheels starting from £70, having an alloy wheel repaired can do some damage to your finances. With this form of insurance, you can protect yourself from the unexpected cost of having a wheel repaired or a tyre repaired/replaced.
With the Combined Tyre & Alloy Wheel Insurance policy, you can make up to 3 claims per year on the alloy wheels and 3 claims per year on the tyres. With certain specification of tyres and run flat tyres, the chances are that your puncture may not be something that can be repaired and therefore this policy will instead contribute the first £300 towards the cost of a replacement tyre.
With the alloy wheel section of the policy, if the alloy wheel is not repairable, this policy will NOT pay any contribution towards the cost of replacing the wheel. If you have less than 20" wheels and having the replacement contribution is something you would be interested in, please visit our sister website totallossgap.co.uk for an alternative quotation.
You can make upto 3 claims per year on the alloy wheels and also 3 claims per year on the tyres.
There is no excess to pay in the event of a claim.
To combat fraudulent claims there is a 30 day claims waiting period within which you cannot make a claim.
There is a maximum repair cost attached to the alloy wheel of £150.
Standard, diamond cut & laser cut rims are covered as well as standard and run flat tyres.
1. Tyres Subject to the terms and conditions, in the event that the Tyre(s) fitted to the Insured Vehicle sustain any Damage, this policy will pay for the following:
a) The cost of materials and labour that the Claims Administrator deems to be fair (by assessing market average repair costs) to repair, balance and refit a Tyre that can be repaired, or; b) Where a Tyre is deemed to be Damaged beyond economical repair, the reasonable cost of materials and labour that the Claims Administrator deems to be fair (by assessing market average repair costs) to balance and fit a replacement Tyre of similar make and quality This policy will cover a maximum of 3 Tyres per 12 month period from the Start Date. The maximum amount that this policy will pay per Tyre is £300.
2. Alloy Wheels Subject to the terms and conditions, in the event that the Alloy Wheel(s) fitted to the Insured Vehicle sustain any Damage, this policy will pay for the cost of materials and labour that the Claims Administrator deems to be fair (by assessing market average repair costs) to repair the Damage to the Alloy Wheel.
This policy will cover a maximum of 3 Alloy Wheel(s) per 12 month period from the Start Date. 1 Alloy Wheel can be covered per claim. The maximum amount that this policy will pay per Alloy Wheel is £150. If the Alloy Wheel cannot be cosmetically repaired, no settlement will be made by the Claims Administrator.
Please refer to the policy documentation for full terms and conditions. You can view the full terms and conditions here.
1. Damage that occurs within the first 30 days from the Start Date.
2. VAT if You are VAT registered.
3. Any costs to repair or replace the Tyre(s) and/or repair the Alloy Wheel(s) fitted to the Insured Vehicle that: a) The Claims Administrator does not authorise in advance and provide an Authority Number for (unless You need to make an emergency Tyre claim outside of the Claims Departments opening hours), or; b) Have not been reported to the Police and a crime reference number obtained in the case of malicious Damage.
4. Tyre(s) fitted to the Insured Vehicle if they are used at the incorrect pressure.
5. Any costs to repair the Alloy Wheel(s) where the Damage is caused by wear and tear due to age and/or usage; Damage that occurs when a replacement tyre is fitted; Damage that occurs while the Insured Vehicle is driven while the tyre is deflated; fire or theft, or by a road traffic accident where there is a motor insurance claim that involves another vehicle.
For the full terms and conditions please click here.
In the event of a claim please contact the Claims Administrator on 01454 642 327 within 7 days of the Damage occurring and have Your Policy Schedule and vehicle registration number to hand.
An Authority Number must be obtained from the Claims Administrator before any repairs/replacements take place (unless You need to make an emergency Tyre claim outside of the Claims Departments opening hours). In order to make a claim for malicious Damage to the Tyre(s) fitted to the Insured Vehicle, You must first report the Incident to the Police and You must obtain a crime reference number. Any additional costs not covered by, or in excess of the limits of this policy must be settled directly by You with the Approved Repairer.
1. The Claims Administrator will register the details of Your claim and provide You with the telephone number of the nearest Approved Repairer.
2. You should book an appointment for the Damage to be assessed by the Approved Repairer.
3. While You are at the appointment, the Approved Repairer will telephone the Claims Administrator on 01454 642 327 and ask for the authority to carry out a repair or replacement of the Tyre(s) or carry out a cosmetic repair of the Alloy Wheel(s)
4. If Your claim is covered, the Claims Administrator will advise the Approved Repairer how much will be paid under this policy and an Authority Number for this amount will be issued.
5. The Approved Repairer will then either repair or replace the Damaged Tyre(s) depending on the extent of the Damage or carry out a cosmetic repair of the Alloy Wheel(s) and invoice the Claims Administrator directly for the costs.
IMPORTANT: You may only purchase this policy within 30 days of the date You take delivery of the Insured Vehicle. There is an initial wait period of 30 days after the Start Date in which You are not able to make a claim.
As per the policy documentation, there are a number of excluded manufacturers. Any vehicle manufactured by the following is listed as an excluded vehicle within the terms and conditions of the policy. However, being part of Aequitas Automotive, we have access to a number of different underwriters and policies which may not list your manufacturer as an exclusion.
Please see below a list of excluded manufacturers.
AC, Ascari KZ1, Aston Martin, Bentley, Bristol, Bugatti, Caterham, Daimler, De Tomaso, Dodge SRT10 models, Ferrari, Ford GT models, Gumpert Apollo, Honda NSX models Invicta, Jensen, Lamborghini, Lister, Lotus, Maserati, Marcos, Maybach, McLaren, Morgan, Noble, Pagani Zonda, Rolls Royce, TVR, or Westfield.
This information is found on page 1 of your policy documentation under the eligibility requirements of the policy.
If you have a vehicle listed in the excluded manufacturers section of this policy, contact a member of the customer service team on 0800 195 4926/0151 647 7556 to see if we could provide alternative cover.