Shortfall has a new undewriter and some great new policy features
March 1st 2017 sees a new dawn at Shortfall.co.uk with the all new Shortfall.co.uk branded policies, with the exception of Motor Excess products now being provided through industry heavyweight product provider and insurer MAPFRE. That is not the end of the good news as the new underwriting facility has also seen a number of new features made available to Shortfall customers.
- No maximum age limit on vehicles covered for Gap Insurance
- up to £750 excess contribution cover for the motor insurers deduction on Gap Insurance
- Up to 30cm diameter damage cover covering up to 2 panels as standard on Scratch and Dent Insurance
- Weathering repairs to bonnets and roofs with Scratch and Dent Insurance
- Cover for diamond cut alloy wheels on alloy wheel insurance, with no excess to pay
- A combined Tyre and Alloy Wheel Insurance with no excess
Aequitas Automotive Ltd, the company behind Shortfall.co.uk are delighted with the new arrangement, as Company Director Mark Griffiths explained.
"MAPFRE is possibly the best-known name in our industry in my view, and it is an exciting development for Aequitas customers to have MAPFRE underwritten products available. Their knowledge and expertise in the field are born of experience both in product development and claims handling."
"A key benefit we felt with the move to MAPFRE cannot be summed up in the policy terms of the products. The fact that the insurer, the claims management and the product development are essentially all under one roof means that the potentially disjointed arrangement where you may see an insurer, an agent and then a separate claims company is completely avoided. In my experience that can only be good for Shortfall customers."
"Aequitas Automotive wants the very best for our customers and we believe the new product and underwriting arrangement with MAPFRE can deliver that aim."
We will bring you more details on our new product features in the coming days.